Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Weekend at Bear Lake

On a spur of the moment decision, we decided it would be fun to spend Memorial weekend at Bear Lake. We had a lot of fun. Mason slept most of the car ride there so the drive went by smoothly. We stayed at a little cabin just outside of Garden City because there was no was I was camping. Camping isn't my favorite - even when I'm not pregnant! Mason like running around the cabin and jumping on the beds. We got our swim clothes on and lathered up on the sunscreen and headed to the lake. Mason LOVED the water even though it was only about 65 degrees outside and the water was pretty cold. There are these little pockets of warm water around the beach that we tried to stay it so it wasn't that bad. I had to get a maternity swim suit for this trip and when we were at the beach Mason kept calling it mommy's dress! It did look like a dress but I didn't need to hear about it. Daddy thought it was pretty funny. I will too in the future - once I not longer need to wear it. We had a great time and hopefully we can go back in the next year or two.

Mason & daddy

Daddy trying to show Mason where the seagulls were.

Mason loved to dig in the sand. I got him this orange bucket because orange it his favorite color (the only one he will say anyway)
Daddy actually got the red shovel for himself so he could help Mason build a sand castle but Mason decided he like the red one better than the orange one.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Looks like fun!! Mason looks so cute in his suit and hat. Why aren't there any pictures of you in your dress?