Friday, March 19, 2010

Morgan's Big Day

I had been getting a little tired of people refering to my baby girl as a boy. Like old men in the store saying what a cute little boy or the guy that came to look at refinishing my cabinets asking if I liked have two boys (he didn't get the job). Or even people at church calling Morgan a boy even though she had a dress on. So after enduring these kind of comments for a few months I decided it was time to get her ears pierced. I told Shane I was going to get it done this week but I wasn't going to tell him the day because I knew he would freak out and there was no way he was allowed to come with me. So yesterday I packed up the kids and went to the Gem Smith to have Blaine pierce her ears. Grandma Crook met us there so she could take Mason for a donut so I didn't have to worry about him. I picked out the earings and Blaine wiped Morgan's ears with wipes which she did not like at all. Then he marked her ears and by this point I was getting nervous. Then Blaine pierced the right ear and then the left and Morgan screamed so loud. I felt like giving myself the world's worst mother award for purposfully hurting my child. Thankfully she only cried for out a minute and then decided she was ok. It wasn't even as bad as getting her shots at the doctors. And to top it off she just looks so cute. Even daddy is ok with the end results!
Later that same night I ran my finger along Morgan's gum line and there was a tooth. Her very first tooth! I knew she was getting close and now she has a razor sharp tooth to scare me with when she is eating. I think the time is fast approaching for her to start formula - if only she would take a bottle!
Look at those beautiful blue eyes and her long eyelashes! Hope she keeps the blue eye color.

No comments: