Tuesday, July 13, 2010

9th Anniversary

Our 9th Anniversary was on July 7th. Shane and I had planned on going to dinner and going shopping and seeing a movie. What we actually ended up doing was waking up at about 4:30 in the morning with Morgie throwing up. She got the flu from Mason. Since Morgie doesn't really like anyone but me, I got to be the one rocking her while she slept in between throwing up for the rest of the day. I always feel so bad for little kids when they are sick. By about 5:00 that evening she seemed to be doing better and was able to hold down some crackers. About 7:00 that night I starting feeling a little queesy and by 9:00 that night I had the horrid Utah flu and I was sick the entire night. I was able to sleep a little bit on the bathroom floor and I did notice that I needed to do a better job of cleaning under the rim of the toilet. Shane sleep downstair for fear of catching the most contagous flu ever. The really bad thing was we were supposed to catch a flight to Oregon at 7 am the next morning. I could barely sit up without hurling again so needless to say we couldn't make that flight. Luckily Shane was able to get the flight changed to 5:00 that evening for no extra charge. That was the worst flight of my life. There wasn't much turbulance but everything there was a shift I thought I was going to puke but lukely I didn't. Shane kept telling me not to puke because he is a sympathetic puker and it would have set off a chain reaction. Anyway I hope to never spend an anniversary like that again or take an airplane ride like that again.
The best part about our anniversary aside from being married to Shane for 9 happy years was we bought a king sized bed! I have been wanting one ever since I was pregnant with Mason. A queen was just to small and ever since being pregnant I do not like to be touched at all when I sleep which is bad for Shane since he likes to cuddle. It also works great because Mason usually ends up in bed with us most nights and he likes to spin circles in between us.

No comments: